- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 260
- Carbohydrate Content: 43g
- Cholesterol Content: 55mg
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 320mg
- Sugar Content: 22g
- For the best buy, choose pumpkins with bright orange skins without spots.
- To prepare a fresh pumpkin, rinse and remove skin, cut into small pieces and remove seeds. Boil small pieces for 10-20 minutes.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.
- Pumpkin contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin, sugar, oil, applesauce and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except raisins.
- Add flour mixture to large bowl. Stir until moist. Stir in raisins.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Nutrition facts per serving