This dish is full of flavor, color, and nutrition! It’s a triple threat!
Try a variety of pepper colors – red, green, yellow, and orange are all great!
- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 30mg
- Sugar Content: 11g
Pepper and Tomato Stew
- For the best buy, choose shiny, firm peppers.
- To prepare peppers, rinse and remove the stem, core and seeds before using.
- To store fresh, refrigerate peppers for up to 5 days.
- Peppers contain vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir often.
3. Add tomatoes, peppers, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Stir. Cook until peppers are soft, about 20 minutes.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!
5. Refrigerate leftovers.