This dish is full of flavor, color, and nutrition! It’s a triple threat!
Try a variety of pepper colors – red, green, yellow, and orange are all great!
- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 30mg
- Sugar Content: 11g
Pepper and Tomato Stew
- For the best buy, choose shiny, firm peppers.
- To prepare peppers, rinse and remove the stem, core and seeds before using.
- To store fresh, refrigerate peppers for up to 5 days.
- Peppers contain vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir often.
3. Add tomatoes, peppers, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Stir. Cook until peppers are soft, about 20 minutes.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!
5. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, Deborah Madison