Forget steaming – this stir fry gives green beans a kick of flavor!
In the winter months, try using frozen green beans and corn instead of fresh.
- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2.5g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 200mg
- Sugar Content: 4g
Green Bean Stir Fry with Corn
- For the best by choose firm, crisp fresh green beans.
- To prepare fresh green beans, rinse and remove ends before eating.
- To store fresh green beans, put in a loosely closed plastic bag and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Green beans contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and jalapeño and cook for 1 minute. Stir constantly.
- Add green beans, corn, and scallions. Mix well. Cook until green beans are soft, about 4-5 minutes. Stir often. Add water if needed to prevent sticking.
- Reduce heat to medium and add cilantro, soy sauce, and honey. Stir well. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.