This dish is a sweet way to get your serving of fruit in for the day!
- Yield: 6 servings
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- For the best buy, purchase plums that are slightly soft to touch.
- To prepare ripe plums, allow them to sit and reach room temperature to allow for peak sweetness and juiciness.
- Store unripe plums on the counter at room temperature. Store ripe plums in the refrigerator for several days.
- Plums contain vitamin C which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- In a medium pot over high heat combine plums, honey, cinnamon and allspice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Cook 10 minutes, stir often.
- Remove cover and cook 5 more minutes, or until plums thicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from http://theveggieclub.wordpress.com
Nutrition facts per serving