Photo Credit: “frying summer yellow squash” by Dawn Gagnon / CC BY 2.0
- Yield: 8 servings
Skillet Summer Squash
- For the best buy, choose summer squash (yellow or green) that is firm and without soft spots.
- To prepare summer squash, scrub and rinse skins. Cut off ends before using.
- To store fresh, refrigerate in an open plastic bag for up to 3 days
- Summer squash contains potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, and summer squash. Cook squash on both sides until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and corn.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cover pan and simmer for5 minutes or until squash is tender
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.