Photo Credit: “Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Good” by Kimberly Vardeman / CC BY 2.0
- Yield: 8 servings
- Serving size: 109 grams
- For the best buy, choose sugar pumpkins that have firm stalks with bright orange skins and no spots.
- To prepare a sugar pumpkin, poke 3 holes in the pumpkin. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 60-90 minutes at 400 degrees F or until a knife inserted in the pumpkin goes in and out easily. Cool the pumpkin, cut in half, remove the seeds and stringy pulp. Scoop out the soft pulp all the way to the skin.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.
- Pumpkin contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook onion, celery and zucchini in 1/2 cup water for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add pumpkin and cook another 5 minutes adding 1/4 cup water if pan is dry.
- Crumble the corn muffins and add to the frying pan.
- Add the chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- If stuffing is too dry, add 1/4 cup water.
- Heat over medium heat until stuffing is hot, stirring often. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving