- Yield: 6 servings
- Serving size: 255 grams
- For the best buy, choose plump green or black plantains that are not shriveled. Ripe plantains will be soft and dark brown or black in color.
- To prepare plantains, slice off both ends. Cut slits through the skin and peel.
- To keep them fresh, store plantains at room temperature for 4-5 days.
- In a large pot heat oil. Add garlic and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add chicken broth and 1 cup of water and bring to boil over high heat.
- Stir in plantains and reduce heat to a simmer for 25-30 minutes until soft.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of cilantro. Mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each bowl with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving