Who knew beans and apples were such a great combination?
- Yield: 12 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 190mg
- Sugar Content: 5g
Pinto Bean Salad
- Before preparing dried beans, sort through for tiny pebbles or shriveled beans.
- Dried beans need to be soaked before they are cooked.
- The best way to soak dried beans is to cover them in cold water and bring to a gentle boil, turn off heat and allow beans to soak in the water for 1-2 hours. *Do not add salt to the soaking water. Drain water and rinse with fresh water.
- To cook beans, cover soaked beans with fresh water and simmer for 1-2 hours. Do not let the beans dry out, beans should always be covered with water.
- Make the salad: in a medium bowl, mix together beans, apples, celery and green chilies.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine vinegar, vegetable oil, onion powder and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving