- Yield: 8 servings
- Serving size: 244 grams
- Before preparing dried beans, sort through for tiny pebbles or shriveled beans.
- Dried beans need to be soaked before they are cooked.
- The best way to soak dried beans is to cover them in cold water and bring to a gentle boil, turn off heat and allow beans to soak in the water for 1-2 hours. *Do not add salt to the soaking water. Drain water and rinse with fresh water.
- To cook beans, cover with fresh water and simmer for 1-2 hours. Do not let the beans dry out, beans should always be covered with water.
- Spray a large pot with non stick cooking spray. Cook onions, carrots, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato paste, cabbage, basil and oregano.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add kidney beans and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving