This hearty and healthy dish will keep you warm all winter long!
- Yield: 8 servings
Green Beans with Potatoes
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cup
- For the best buy choose firm, crisp fresh green beans.
- To prepare fresh green beans, rinse and remove ends before eating.
- To store fresh green beans, put in a loosely closed plastic bag and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Green beans contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Eat beans for a good source of fiber, protein, iron, and vitamin B.
Download English 1 Per Page | Download English 4 Per Page | Download Spanish
- In a medium pot, add potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic powder and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add green beans, stir gently.
- Heat on low for 5 minutes, or until green beans are heated through.
- Remove from heat. Drizzle vegetable oil and lemon juice (or mustard) on top, and serve with a slotted spoon.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving