- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Cholesterol Content: 5mg
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5g
- Sodium Content: 100mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
Escarole and Beans
- For best buy, look for escarole with bright green leaves with no wilting, bruising or yellowing.
- To prepare escarole, remove any tough or damaged outer leaves. Cut off the root and tear leaves into large pieces. Rinse and dry well.
- To store fresh, wrap unwashed greens in a damp paper towel and keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Escarole contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add onion and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add escarole and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and white beans.
- Simmer until the beans are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving