Photo Credit: “Gloria Cabada-Leman / CC BY 2.0” by
- Yield: 6 servings
Collard Greens with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Serving size: 115 grams
- For best buy, look for greens that are moist and crisp, with rich green leaves.
- To prepare fresh greens, rinse leaves well and trim leaves from stem.
- To store fresh greens, wrap unwashed greens in a damp paper towel, place in a plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Dark greens contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir often.
3. Add greens and ¼ cup water. Cover and cook until greens are soft, about 15 minutes.
4. Add tomato and peanut butter. Add black pepper to taste.
5. Stir well. Serve and enjoy!
6. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from NYC Green Cart Fresh Food Pack
Nutrition facts per serving