- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 80mg
- Sugar Content: 10g
Winter Squash with Apple Juice Glaze
- For the best buy, choose butternut or acorn squash that are heavy and have smooth skins.
- To prepare squash, rinse and cut squash in half or quarters. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and then peel the squash.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
- Squash contains potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- Cut squash in quarters. Scoop out the seeds. Peel and cut into small cubes.
- In a large frying pan or pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the squash, apple juice, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 cup of water to the pan.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook another 10 minutes or until the squash is tender and the liquid has formed a glaze.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving