- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 85mg
- Sugar Content: 7g
Tomato and Eggplant Stew
- For the best buy, choose an eggplant with smooth skin and no soft spots.
- To prepare eggplant, rinse, cut off the tops and peel, if desired.
- To keep fresh, store eggplants in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Eggplants contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until soft.
2. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add eggplant and cook 5 minutes more.
3. Add tomatoes and thyme, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until sauce thickens and eggplant is fully cooked, about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir often.
4. Serve hot or warm and enjoy!
5. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from www.nytimes.com
Nutrition facts per serving