- Yield: 6 servings
Sweet Potato and Red Bean Chili
- For the best buy, choose sweet potatoes that are tapered at both ends.
- To prepare sweet potatoes, scrub and remove eyes and dark spots.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool, dry place for 1-2 weeks.
- Sweet potatoes contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and sweet potatoes, cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and 1 1/2 cups water. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add beans. Cook until the beans are heated, about 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Nutrition facts per serving