Nothing says summer in NYS like fresh summer squash.
You can use yellow or green squash (zucchini), or a mixture of both!
- Yield: 10 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 80
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 3.5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 75mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
Summer Squash & White Bean Salad
- For the best buy, choose summer squash (yellow or green) this is firm and without soft spots.
- To prepare summer squash, scrub and rinse skins. Cut off ends before using.
- To store fresh, refrigerate in an open plastic bag for up to 3 days.
- Summer squash contains potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- In a large bowl, combine summer squash, onion, and beans.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour oil mixture over bean-squash mixture and toss.
- Chill, serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from newhope360.com