No sufferin’ involved with this succotash – it’s very easy to make.
Fresh, frozen, or canned corn – all of them are perfect for this recipe!
- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 180mg
- Sugar Content: 4g
- For the best buy, look for fresh green husks with no rotten spots.
- To prepare fresh corn, remove husk and silk from corn. Place ears in boiling water for 7 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- To store fresh corn, leave husk on and wrap in a plastic bag. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Corn contains fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, beans, bell pepper, scallions (or onion) and garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add oil mixture to the corn mixture in the large bowl.
- Mix well and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.