- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Cholesterol Content: 185mg
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5g
- Sodium Content: 270mg
- Sugar Content: 2g
Spring Vegetable Hash
- For the best buy, choose asparagus spears that are crisp and have pointed tops. Avoid wilted or dried out asparagus.
- To prepare asparagus, rinse and snap off ends of stems. Lightly steam for best flavor.
- To keep fresh, store asparagus in a plastic bag in the refrigerator and use within 3-5 days.
- Asparagus contains fiber which helps to keep you regular.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Cook onion, potatoes and carrots over medium high heat until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Stir often.
- Add asparagus and broth. Cook until asparagus is soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Continue to cook until broth has cooked away and bottom of hash is crispy.
- Serve each portion of hash topped with an egg, if desired. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving