Getting fruit and beans in with dessert? Now that’s a win-win!
Psst… you don’t have to tell your picky eaters what the secret ingredients are.
- Yield: 12 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Cholesterol Content: 20mg
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 170mg
- Sugar Content: 24g
Spiced Apple Bean Muffins
- Before preparing dried beans, sort through for tiny pebbles or shriveled beans.
- Dried beans need to be soaked before they are cooked.
- The best way to soak dried beans is to cover them in cold water and bring to a gentle boil, turn off heat and allow beans to soak in the water for 1-2 hours. *Do not add salt to the soaking water. Drain water and rinse with fresh water.
- To cook beans, cover soaked beans with fresh water and simmer for 1-2 hours. Do not let the beans dry out, beans should always be covered with water.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In large bowl, blend sugar and canola or vegetable oil.
- Add eggs and beans and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Scoop into greased muffin tin.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.