- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Cholesterol Content: 5mg
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 180mg
- Sugar Content: 11g
Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce
- For the best buy, choose winter squash (such as butternut or acorn) that are heavy and have smooth skins.
- To prepare squash, rinse and remove seeds. Leave skin on and bake for 30 minutes at 350° F, or until tender.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
- Squash contains potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Place in baking dish, cut side down. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- In medium sauce pan, heat oil, onion and garlic on medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add canned tomatoes and seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Stir often.
- When the squash is done, remove from the oven. Use a fork to scrape spaghetti-like strings into a large bowl.
- Add sauce and serve with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving