- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 0.5g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 95mg
- Sugar Content: 10g
Spaghetti Squash Primavera
- For the best buy, choose squash that are heavy and have smooth skins.
- To prepare squash, rinse and cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Bake, skin side up, for 30-45 minutes or until it separates into strands when running a fork through the inside.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
- Squash contains potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- Prepare the squash as noted in the Key Points section (above). Pull a fork through the squash to separate it into long strands. Place squash strands into a large bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large frying pan or pot, heat 1 cup water over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, zucchini, onion and garlic.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Uncover and cook until most of the liquid is gone, about 5 minutes.
- Add pureed tomatoes and oregano. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Stir often.
- Serve over the spaghetti squash. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving