- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 85mg
- Sugar Content: 1g
Smashed Potatoes with Kale
- For the best buy, choose potatoes that are firm and without green spots.
- To prepare potatoes, rinse well and scrub skins to remove dirt.
- To keep fresh, store potatoes away from onions in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
- Potatoes contain potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add kale and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Add 1 cup of water, cover, and cook 5 more minutes.
5. Mash potatoes and kale until smooth.
6. Add scallions, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
8. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving