Who said kale is only for smoothies and salads? Not us!
Try swapping out potatoes with sweet potatoes or parsnips for a twist.
- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 85mg
- Sugar Content: 1g
Smashed Potatoes with Kale
- For the best buy, choose potatoes that are firm and without green spots.
- To prepare potatoes, rinse well and scrub skins to remove dirt.
- To keep fresh, store potatoes away from onions in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
- Potatoes contain potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add kale and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Add 1 cup of water, cover, and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Mash potatoes and kale until smooth with a fork.
6. Add scallions, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
8. Refrigerate leftovers.