- Yield: 6 servings
Red Lentil Carrot Soup
- Buy carrots that look firm and do not bend. Bending might be a sign of aging.
- When preparing carrots, wash them well before eating.
- To store fresh carrots, take of the greens, put in a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Carrots contain potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- Add vegetable oil, onion powder and carrots to a large pot.
- Cook on medium heat until soft, for 10 minutes. Add cumin and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add vegetable broth, canned tomatoes and red lentils.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Stir in spinach. Add pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers.