🍂 Enjoy that fall flavor without all the calories of a pumpkin spice latte! 🍂
Be careful transferring the hot soup to the blender! Let it cool first, if you need to.
- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2.5g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 100mg
- Sugar Content: 4g
Pumpkin Sage Soup
- For the best buy, choose pumpkins with bright orange skins without spots.
- To prepare a fresh pumpkin, rinse and remove skin, cut into small pieces and remove seeds. Boil small pieces for 10-20 minutes.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.
- Pumpkin contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion, parsley, and sage and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until onions are soft. Stir often.
3. Add pumpkin and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Add water, cover, and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer about 5 minutes until pumpkin is tender.
5. Puree soup in a blender, adding extra water as needed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Return soup to put to reheat or enjoy at room temperature!
7. Refrigerate leftovers.