- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2.5g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 100mg
- Sugar Content: 4g
Pumpkin Sage Soup
- For the best buy, choose pumpkins with bright orange skins without spots.
- To prepare a fresh pumpkin, rinse and remove skin, cut into small pieces and remove seeds. Boil small pieces for 10-20 minutes.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.
- Pumpkin contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion, parsley, and sage and cook, until onion is soft, about 6-8 minutes. Stir often.
3. Add pumpkin and garlic and cook 2 minutes.
4. Add 3 cups water, cover, and cook until pumpkin is tender, about 12-15 minutes.
5. Puree in a blender, adding extra water as necessary. Add salt, pepper, and sage to taste.
6. Return to pot to reheat or enjoy room temperature!
7. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from Bon Appetit.
Nutrition facts per serving