Why buy delicious fruits and veggies only to throw them away because they’ve gone bad? It’s like throwing money away! Follow the tips below and you’ll have great tasting fruits and veggies that are safe to eat.
- Refrigerate fresh berries and grapes and use within 2-3 days. Leafy greens and many other fruits and vegetables should be refrigerated and used within 3-5 days. Rinse under cold running water just before using.
- Use canned, dried, or frozen fruits and vegetables and 100% juice by the “use-by-date” on the label.
- Store canned foods in a dry place at room temperature.
- Keep frozen fruits and vegetables at 0°F or lower. Do not thaw frozen vegetables before cooking. Thaw frozen fruits in the refrigerator, not on the counter.
- Refrigerate all cut, peeled or cooked fresh fruits and veggies within 2 hours. For a great meal or snack, use leftovers within 3-4 days!