- Yield: 5 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Cholesterol Content: 5mg
- Fat Content: 4.5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 180mg
- Sugar Content: 6g
Potato Corn Soup
- For the best buy, choose potatoes that are firm and without green spots.
- To prepare potatoes, rinse well and scrub skins to remove dirt.
- To keep fresh, store potatoes away from onions in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
- Potatoes contain potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft.
- Add potatoes, broth and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir until smooth. Use the back of a spoon or fork to mash some of the potatoes.
- Add milk and corn. Reheat for 10 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving