🍐 You might say this recipe is a pear above the rest! 🍐
Leave the skins on the pears – all of the healthy fiber is in the skin.
- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 15mg
- Sugar Content: 24g
Poached Pear with Cider Sauce
- For the best buy, choose pears that are slightly soft around the stem and have no bruises.
- To prepare pears, rinse well with running water before using.
- To store fresh pears, refrigerate up to five days.
- Pears contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
1. In a large pot over medium heat, bring the cider, cinnamon, ginger, and water to a boil.
2. Add the pears and cook for about 15 minutes, or until pears can easily be pierced with a fork. Remove pears and place in a bowl.
3. Raise heat to high and cook liquid until it thickens.
4. Pour liquid over pears and add mint leaves, if desired.
5. Serve and enjoy!
6. Refrigerate leftovers.