- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 15mg
- Sugar Content: 24g
Poached Pear with Cider Sauce
- For the best buy, choose pears that are slightly soft around the stem and have no bruises.
- To prepare pears, rinse well with running water before using.
- To store fresh pears, refrigerate up to five days.
- Pears contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
1. In a large pot over medium heat, bring the cider, cinnamon, ginger, and 1 cup water to a boil.
2. Add the pears and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove pears.
3. Raise heat to high and cook liquid until it thickens.
4. Pour liquid over pears and serve with mint leaves.
5. Serve and enjoy!
6. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from Angelica Home Kitchen by Leslie McEachern.
Nutrition facts per serving