- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Cholesterol Content: 35mg
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5g
- Sodium Content: 210mg
- Sugar Content: 29g
Pear Brown Betty
- For the best buy, choose pears that are slightly soft around the stem and have no bruises.
- To prepare pears, rinse well with running water before using.
- To store fresh pears, refrigerate up to five days.
- Pears contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Drain pears, reserve 1 cup of pear juice. Cut each pear into 6 pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine pears and cake cubes. Add reserved pear juice, oil. and cinnamon.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving