- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 170
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 310mg
- Sugar Content: 4g
Pasta with Beans
- Before preparing dried beans, sort through for tiny pebbles or shriveled beans.
- Dried beans need to be soaked before they are cooked.
- The best way to soak dried beans is to cover them in cold water and bring to a gentle boil, turn off heat and allow beans to soak in the water for 1-2 hours. *Do not add salt to the soaking water. Drain water and rinse with fresh water.
- To cook beans, cover with fresh water and simmer for 1-2 hours. Do not let the beans dry out, beans should always be covered with water.
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Add canned tomatoes and escarole. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Add kidney beans and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving