- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 220mg
- Sugar Content: 8g
Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Red Cabbage
- For the best buy, choose Brussels sprouts that are firm and bright green with no yellow or wilted leaves, and no holes.
- To prepare fresh Brussels sprouts, remove stem and discolored leaves. Rinse well.
- To store fresh, keep unwashed Brussels sprouts in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Brussels sprouts contain vitamin C which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large pot of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 1 minute, drain the Brussels sprouts and rinse under cold water.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the pan. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring often until browned.
- Add the cabbage and chicken broth to the pan.
- Cook 10 minutes or until the cabbage is soft. Stir often.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving