- Yield: 5 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 115mg
- Sugar Content: 24g
Oatmeal Prune Bars
- For the best buy, choose prunes that are plump, firm and deep purple.
- To prepare prunes, eat plain or remove the pits and cook in water.
- To keep fresh, store them in a cool, dry place or the refrigerator.
- Prunes contains fiber, which helps keep you regular.
- In medium pot, add prunes, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of applesauce and 1/2 cup of water. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until thick. Stir often. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Stir in the oil and the rest of the applesauce until mixture is crumbly.
- Put most of the crumb mixture in a baking dish. Push down to make a firm layer. Put the rest aside.
- Pour prune mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture on top of the prunes.
- Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot as a cobbler or let cool and cut into equal pieces to serve as bars. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving