- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 160mg
- Sugar Content: 9g
Lettuce and Chickpea Salad
- For the best buy, choose lettuce that is firm, green and smells sweet.
- To prepare lettuce, remove the center core and outer wilted leaves. Rinse well and dry with a clean towel.
- To store fresh, wrap lettuce in damp paper towels and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Lettuce contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
1. Place lettuce in a large bowl.
2. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, and onions to lettuce. Toss lightly.
3. In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper.
4. Pour dressing over lettuce salad and toss.
5. Serve immediately.
6. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from www.vegweb.com
Nutrition facts per serving