This veggie side will make your whole family say, “Kale yeah!” 🙌
What is your favorite type of potato? Try experimenting with different types.
- Yield: 4 servings
Warm Kale and Potato Salad
- For best buy, look for greens that are moist and crisp, with rich green leaves.
- To prepare fresh greens, wash leaves well and trim leaves from stem.
- To store fresh greens, wrap unwashed greens in a damp paper towel, place in a plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Winter greens contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 3 diced medium potatoes, with skins
- 1 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale (about 1 pound), trimmed from stems and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes, until soft.
- Add potatoes and broth, cover, and cook about 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally.
- Mix in kale, cover, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Stir in lemon juice just before serving. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.