The deep red color of beets makes this a colorful treat.
Save your beet greens and boil or steam them for another yummy side dish.
- Yield: 6 servings
Gingered Beet and Carrot Slaw
- For the best buy, choose firm, smooth beets which have a rich, dark color.
- To prepare beets, remove greens, leaving 1 inch of stem. Scrub well. Beets may be roasted, boiled or eaten raw.
- To keep fresh, store beets in the refrigerator. and use within 2 weeks.
- Beets contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
1. In a large bowl, combine the beets, carrots, onion and ginger.
2. In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, mustard and cilantro. Pour onto the slaw.
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. Serve and enjoy!
6. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from yummly.com