Garbanzo beans give this salad healthy protein that will keep you fuller, longer!
- Yield: 7 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 250mg
- Sugar Content: 6g
Garbanzo Bean Salad
- Before preparing dried beans, sort through for tiny pebbles or shriveled beans.
- Dried beans need to be soaked before they are cooked.
- The best way to soak dried beans is to cover them in cold water and bring to a gentle boil, turn off the heat and allow beans to soak in the water for 1-2 hours. Do not add salt to the soaking water. Drain water and rinse with fresh water.
- To cook beans, cover with fresh water and simmer for 1-2 hours. Do not let beans dry out, beans should always be covered with water.
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add oil and vinegar dressing to chickpea mixture. Mix well.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Nutrition facts per serving