- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Cholesterol Content: 5mg
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5g
- Sodium Content: 190mg
- Sugar Content: 7g
- For the best buy, choose an eggplant with smooth skin and no soft spots.
- To prepare eggplant, rinse, cut off the tops and peel, if desired.
- To keep fresh, store eggplants in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Eggplants contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
- Preheat broiler or preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray a baking tray with non stick cooking spray.
- Slice each eggplant into 6 long pieces. Place eggplant on baking tray and spray the slices with non stick cooking spray.
- Broil until eggplant is browned, about 2 minutes. Turn eggplant over and cook the other side until browned, about 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, oil, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
- Top eggplant with tomatoes and bread crumb mixture. Broil until the bread crumbs are browned, about 1 minute. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving