- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Cholesterol Content: 5mg
- Fat Content: 1.5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 170mg
- Sugar Content: 9g
Corn and Zucchini Soup
- For the best buy, look for fresh green husks with no rotten spots.
- To prepare fresh corn, remove husk and silk from corn. Place ears in boiling water for 7 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- To store fresh corn, leave husk on and wrap in a plastic bag. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Corn contains fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
- In a large pot, heat 1/4 cup chicken broth over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook until soft, stirring often.
- Add zucchini. Cook until soft, stirring often.
- Stir in corn, tomatoes, and the rest of the broth. Turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low, and add milk*. Cook until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
*If using nonfat dry milk powder (NFDM), mix 1/3 cup NFDM with 1 cup water and add in step 5.
Nutrition facts per serving