- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 60mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
- For the best buy, choose mushrooms that look smooth and dry. They should not smell moldy!
- To prepare fresh mushrooms, rinse under running water. Pat dry with a paper towel if desired. Trim off rough ends of stems.
- To store fresh mushrooms, place them in a paper bag and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Mushrooms contain potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in carrots, black pepper, chicken broth, 1 cup water, and rice.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, until rice is cooked.
- Stir in peas. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving