- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 2.5g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2.5g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 200mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
- For the best buy, choose small, firm celeriac with no soft spots.
- To prepare celeriac, rinse well and cut off the bottom and the top of the celeriac. Slice off the tough outer skin. To keep celeriac from turning brown, Immediately place cut pieces of celeriac into a bowl of water and lemon juice until ready to use. Celeriac can be eaten raw or cooked. To cook celeriac, cover with water and simmer until soft.
- To keep fresh, store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- Celeriac contains fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
- Place the celeriac in a large pot. Cover with water. Cook over high heat until soft, about 35 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Put the celeriac slices in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt.
- Add the scallions, oil, vinegar and black pepper to the celeriac.
- Toss to coat the celeriac with the dressing. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving