This tasty side is perfect for the fall months.
Try this out with other winter squash like acorn or spaghetti squash.
- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 160mg
- Sugar Content: 6g
Butternut Squash with Collard Greens
- For the best buy, choose butternut squash that are heavy and have smooth skins.
- To prepare squash, wash and remove seeds. Leave skin on and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F, or cook over stove top until tender.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
- Squash contains potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in onion and bell pepper and cook until soft.
2. Add squash and cook covered for 5 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 cup of water, collard greens, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Serve immediately.
5. Refrigerate leftovers.