- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 60
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 85mg
- Sugar Content: 5g
Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Onions
- For the best buy, choose Brussels sprouts that are firm and bright green with no yellow or wilted leaves, and no holes.
- To prepare fresh Brussels sprouts, remove stem and discolored leaves. Rinse well.
- To store fresh, keep unwashed Brussels sprouts in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Brussels sprouts contain vitamin C which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stir frequently, until soft.
3. Add Brussels sprouts and cook 5 minutes, stir frequently.
4. Add the apple and cook 5-10 minutes, or until apples are soft.
5. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice, pepper and salt. Mix well.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
7. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from www.nytimes.com