- Yield: 5 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 270mg
- Sugar Content: 5g
- For the best buy, choose broccoli with dark green florets and stems.
- To prepare broccoli, wash and trim florets from stalks. Enjoy florets raw or cooked.
- To keep fresh, store in the refrigerator, unwashed in a plastic bag for up to 1 week.
- Broccoli contains vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- In a large frying pan, add oil and garlic. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots, and 1/2 cup of water. Cook for 3 minutes, stir often.
- Add pepper and onion. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes, and continue to stir often.
- Remove from heat. Vegetables will be crisp and brightly colored.
- Toss with lemon juice and salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving