- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2.5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 150mg
- Sugar Content: 4g
Southern Style Braising Greens
- For best buy, look for greens that are moist and crisp, with rich green leaves.
- To prepare fresh greens, rinse leaves well and trim leaves from stem.
- To store fresh greens, wrap unwashed greens in a damp paper towel, place in a plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Dark greens contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic, cook until soft.
- Add braising greens and broth. Cover pot and cook for about 20 minutes or until greens are tender.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cider vinegar, salt and pepper to taste to the pot. Stir. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving