- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 50
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 1.5g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 500mg
- Sugar Content: 2g
Bok Choy and Mushroom Stir-Fry
- For best buy, look for bok choy with firm stems with no brown spots.
- To prepare fresh bok choy, cut off the root bottom. Both the white stem and green leaves can be eaten raw or cooked.
- To store fresh, wrap unwashed greens in a damp paper towel and keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Bok choy contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Slice the bok choy stems and leaves separately.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the bok choy stems, mushrooms, garlic and sugar to the pan. Cook 2 minutes, stir often.
- Add the bok choy leaves to the pan. Cook 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and cornstarch.
- Pour chicken broth mixture and soy sauce into pan.
- Cook until sauce thickens and bok choy is tender. Stir often.
- Add black pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving