This filling wrap is perfect for lunch or dinner.
This dish will taste good with canned or dried beans.
- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 310
- Carbohydrate Content: 52g
- Cholesterol Content: 5mg
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 640mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
Black Bean Wraps
- Before preparing dried beans, sort through for tiny pebbles or shriveled beans.
- Dried beans need to be soaked before they are cooked.
- The best way to soak dried beans is to cover them in cold water and bring to a gentle boil, turn off the heat and allow beans to soak in the water for 1-2 hours. *Do not add salt to the soaking water. Drain water and rinse with fresh water.
- To cook beans, cover with fresh water and simmer for 1-2 hours. Do not let beans dry out, beans should always be covered with water.
- Eat beans for a good source of fiber, protein, iron, and vitamin B.
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, cheese, salsa and rice.
- Top each tortilla with 3/4 cup of the black bean mixture and some lettuce.
- Roll up tortillas and slice in half to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.