There’s so much color and flavor to serve up in this delicious salad!
Don’t have white beans in your cupboard? You can use other beans instead.
- Yield: 4 servings
Bell Pepper and White Bean Salad
- For the best buy, choose firm peppers with no soft spots.
- To prepare, rinse and remove the stem, core and seeds.
- To store, refrigerate peppers for seven to ten days.
- Peppers contain vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- 3 cups chopped arugula or spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or 1 16-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, with leaves removed from stem (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine arugula (or spinach), peppers, red onion, and white beans.
2. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, oil, garlic, thyme (optional), salt, and pepper.
3. Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
4. Serve and enjoy!
5. Refrigerate leftovers.