Packed with un-BEET-able nutrients, this salad is the one for you!
- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 250mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
Beets, Beans and Greens Salad
- For best buy, look for escarole with bright green leaves with no wilting, bruising or yellowing.
- To prepare escarole, remove any tough or damaged outer leaves. Cut off the root and tear leaves into large pieces. Rinse and dry well.
- To store fresh, wrap unwashed greens in a damp paper towel and keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Escarole contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Make the dressing: In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the sliced beets in a small bowl.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of the dressing and add to the beets. Toss well to coat the beets in the dressing.
- Add the escarole and beans to the remaining dressing in the large bowl. Toss well.
- Place the escarole and bean mixture onto 6 plates.
- Top the salad with the beets and serve. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving