- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 85mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
Avocado and Tomato Salad
- For the best buy, choose fresh avocados that are firm, but slightly soft to the touch.
- To prepare a fresh avocado, cut in half lengthwise, then twist to separate the halves. Remove the pit and peel with a sharp knife.
- Ripen fresh avocados at room temperature, then refrigerate and use within 2 to 3 days. Once cut, fresh avocados brown quickly. To store cut fruit, sprinkle with lemon juice, cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Avocados contain heart healthy fats which may help lower cholesterol.
- In a large bowl, toss together avocados, tomato and onion.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper and salt. Pour over avocado and tomato mixture. Mix gently.
- Cover and chill for one hour before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving