- Yield: 6 servings
- For the best buy, choose firm apples that have smooth, bright skins with no bruises.
- To prepare fresh apples, rinse and remove stems.
- To store fresh apples, put them in a plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Apples contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
1. Core and dice apples.
2. Place apples, cinnamon and 1 cup of water into a medium pot.
3. Bring apples to a boil over high heat, stirring often.
4. Turn heat to medium and simmer the apples for 30 minutes or until the apples are very soft. Stir often.
5. Leave lumpy or mash with a fork for a smoother sauce.
6. Serve warm or chilled.
7. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving