Picked too many fresh apples? Applesauce is a delightful way to use them up.
🍏 Each type of apple has a different flavor. Which one’s your favorite? 🍎
- Yield: 6 servings
- For the best buy, choose firm apples that have smooth, bright skins with no bruises.
- To prepare fresh apples, rinse and remove stems.
- To store fresh apples, put them in a plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Apples contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
1. Place apples, cinnamon (optional), and water into a medium pot.
2. Bring apples to a boil over high heat, stirring often.
3. Turn heat to medium and simmer the apples for 30 minutes, or until the apples are very soft. Stir often.
4. Leave lumpy, or mash with a fork for a smoother sauce.
5. Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy!
6. Refrigerate leftovers.